Senior School Admissions
1. Students must be of the correct age on 31st August, for admission into a particular year in the Senior School:
Senior 1 - 11 years
Senior 2 - 12 years
Senior 3 - 13 years
Senior 4 - 14 years
Senior 5 - 15 years
2. Students may be accepted into the Senior School all through the academic year. Parents/guardians may apply for their child’s entry to The Swaminarayan Senior School by filling in an application form and paying £100 registration fee (non-refundable), together with a copy of the birth certificate, passport and the last school report. Upon receipt of the application form and the registration fee, the student will be invited for an Entrance Examination within two weeks.
3. The student will spend the whole day at school and lunch will be provided. All students will do examinations in English & Mathematics. Pupils may also be asked to do other examinations such as Cognitive Ability tests. Entrants into Senior 3 may be required to sit examinations in a number of subjects other than English and Mathematics. In such cases attendance may be required on two days. A Senior School Admissions Tutor and/or the Headteacher may also conduct an interview with the pupil.
4. The school will ask the Headteacher of the pupil’s current school to provide additional information and a report.
5. In all cases the criteria for acceptance will be potential rather than examination success. The decision to accept a child lies with the Headteacher.
6. A student may not be accepted in the school if in the opinion of the Headteacher, the School cannot provide adequately for the child’s emotional, physical, medical or educational needs.
7. Letters of results and acceptance/rejection will be sent within a fortnight of examination. Offers may be conditional on the pupil making satisfactory progress.
8. Parents will be asked to complete an acceptance form, a Medical Condition Form together with a £500 acceptance fee. For a pupil who is not a UK citizen, we are required to check the residency status and take copies of their passport.