Since its founding in September 1992 by His Holiness Pramukh Swami Maharaj, The Swaminarayan School has continued to deliver a very high standard of education. With an extraordinary array of subjects and activities tailored to meet pupils’ interests and abilities, we are always striving to improve our pupils’ learning experiences. Our strong family ethos ensures that our broad curriculum approach provides our pupils with a supportive environment in which to learn. We especially emphasise inculcating in the children such core values as respect, honesty, teamwork, humility and friendliness.
The defining aims of our school are:
- To promote Hindu culture, values and way of life.
- To enable pupils to become 'life-long learners' who are lively, imaginative, enquiring, confident,
independent, and who display self-esteem and self-discipline.
- To continue to raise our academic standards by having high expectations of teaching and learning.
- To give our pupils an opportunity to take part in a wide range of extra-curricular activities,
performing arts and cultural experiences so that they become good citizens of the country.
- To send well-adjusted and well-rounded young people to higher education.
- To instil a sense of concern, awe and wonder about the world within our pupils and establish strong links with the parents, the Mandir, and the wider community.
Our pupils' horizons are widened by providing opportunities to travel out of school for residential trips, day trips and sporting fixtures. The school provides opportunities to instil confidence through lessons and activities such as LAMDA (London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts) and public speaking. Students are also afforded chances to partake in a wide range of lunchtime and after-school clubs.
The Prep School has received many accolades, such as the NACE Challenge Award for Provision for More Able, Gifted and Talented (MAGT) pupils, the Primary Science Quality Mark Award, the Thinking Schools Award, and we have also gained Healthy School and Eco School status.
This prospectus encapsulates some of the many activities and initiatives in which children participate. The Hindu ethos and values permeate daily life at our school, and the children experience joy, learning, challenges and satisfaction each day. Academically, the Prep School pupils excel in many subjects. We firmly believe in the philosophy of holistic education, which leads to the development of a child who is equipped with life-long learning skills.
It is a great time to be a part of our school.
PGCE, NPQH, NLP Masters and ISI Team Inspector