INFORMATION COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY
In the modern world where the use of computers is a necessity in all aspects of life, it is
essential that all students are familiar and confident in the use of word processor, spreadsheet,
PowerPoint, database, etc. ICT is therefore compulsory in the lower seniors.
- To develop, maintain and stimulate students' curiosity, interest and enjoyment in IT.
- To develop students with appropriate ICT skills, concepts, principles, methods and vocabulary.
- To encourage students to develop personal qualities such as politeness, perseverance, initiative, empathy, self-confidence, independence and an ability to work effectively in a group.
- To enable all students to have equal access to IT and to experience success in their work.
- To allow students to develop transferable skills and informed opinions about their IT and to be able to support them by reasonable arguments.
- To encourage all subject teachers to see how IT and their subject expertise fit together to enable the use and delivery of IT as well as the teaching of their own discipline.
- To accept that IT is a necessary part of the overall Development Plan for the School and not a separate aspect.